Cookies

Hi all,
Hope you have had a good week. This week I wanted to share with you these cookies! They were so tasty. I feel like they are a bit autumnal (really can't say that work!!). I think they're autumnal because of the toffee. Toffee reminds me of autumn, is that just me? Probably because of toffee apples!


Ingredients 


140g golden caster sugar 
225g self raising four
175g unsalted butter at room tempriture 
2 tbsp milk
50g ground almonds
2 egg yolks
85g ready to eat dried apricots 
85g chewy toffees (I used dark chocolate ones to make the cookies chocolatey)


Method

Preheat the oven to fan 170'c, conventional 190'c and gas mark 5.

 Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
Then stir in the egg yolks and ground almonds. Cut up the apricots and toffees if they are big and add them to the mixture along with the flour.



 Mix well until the mixture is like dough, then roll into walnut size balls and place on a baking tray. Flatten the balls to make the cookies. Leave room between the cookies as they will spread and then brush  with the milk and bake for 10 minuets or until cooked but still slightly soft. Leave to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before placing on a wire cooling rack.


And then enjoy!! These are really good with milk or hot chocolate!! You could also experiment with different fruits! I really like these with the chocolate covered toffees! 

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed! What is your favourite flavour of cookie? Let me know in the comments below, let me know if you make these yourself!
Bye for now, see you next week!

Comments

  1. These look really delicious! I'll for sure have to try making them. I normally stick with more traditional cookies like chocolate chip, but it's always awesome to find new/exciting cookie recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good! Definitely recommend for this time of the year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts