Chatty Update!


Hi
Hope you're doing well! This week's post is a chatty update of what has happened and what is coming up in the near future.


School is well underway after summer. So far it is going well. All my classes and timetable has stayed the same and I am happy with it. In my textiles class we have begun the designing stage of the project which I am enjoying but struggling with a bit as I find drawing quite difficult so drawing out so many designs takes me a long time, but I do have an idea I want to use I just have to develop the idea and make it. 

The pressure is on however with uni applications and writing personal statements and making final decisions on where people want to apply to go next year. I was struggling quite a bit with this whole process of deciding what to do as I am not sure if I even want to go to university and I definitely don't feel ready to go yet! But I have made a decision. I am going to stay at the sixth form I am at now and complete the Art Foundation course which will help me develop me skills in textiles and design and if at the end of this course I do decide to go to university to study design or textiles, the course really helps and some university courses even require an Art Foundation on application. 

In the summer you may remember me talking about my Etsy shop which I loved making things for during the summer, but then I got ill so everything kind of stopped and I spent the beginning of my summer holiday feeling rubbish. Then I had loads of school summer work to catch up on before I went away, so I did not spend as long as I would have loved during the summer doing crafts and making things, but now that I am feeling better I am slowly working on it and making things again! As well as this, I am planning to do a Christmas fair stall with cards and other things that I have made. 

I know it is still September, but I feel like the run up to Christmas is starting. I love this time of year I like halloween, I love Christmas and I like the cosy feel this time of the year has. However some of the things I am not looking forward to is the dark mornings and dark evenings! I really hate when I have to wake up and go to school and it's dark. Then when I come home and it's dark again, it feels really miserable. It also feels so so cold on the bus! I do however love wearing boots, hats and scarves!

During the summer I was unwell, which started with really bad hayfever which kept getting worse and caused my chest to become really tight and uncomfortable, which caused me to cough and made me wake up during the night. I went to the doctors and got hayfever tablets but the tight chest and cough continued to annoy me so I went back to the doctors and had more tests. It turned out to be asthma so I was given inhalers and began to feel a lot better. I am still on those inhalers and it does flare up still sometimes especially this week, which I think it is because I currently have a cold which is why some of my posts during the summer were not as I would have liked.


Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed! What are planning to do in the run up to Christmas?
Bye for now, see you next week!

Comments

  1. It's great that school is going well so far! Don't rush to pick a university, there's a lot to be said for taking the time to figure out what you want to do even if it means putting off university for a little while. Design sounds really awesome though! I'm sure you're better at drawings than you think! I also love this time of year, I was really happy when the temperature started to drop and the leaves began to change. I'm planning on some fun Halloween haunted houses this year, which I'm really looking forward to! I hope you have a great week this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do really enjoy design especially textile based! Enjoy the huanted houses, I don't like being too scared!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts